Thursday 10 November 2016

On losing my voice and the way to stardom

We are now nearing the end of the first week, and my voice is getting raspier each lesson. Will it go completely before the weekend? Find out next blog...

Other than abusing my voice, teaching the lessons has been an interesting experience. Don't know what it's like for you others, but in my school there's very big differences between each class. Some classes are speaking English all the time, are actively engaged, and are easy to work with. Other classes... Not so much. In one class I was met with blank faces every time my sentences exceeded over three words, and in another one they all started running around and talking once I turned my back.

So it's definitely been a bit of a learning curve in that regard. But now that I know what to expect I can hopefully adapt my lesson plans to better meet the needs of the particular classes.

On a side note: walking through the school can sometimes be a bit of a bizarre experience. I think this will probably be the closest I ever come to stardom. Kids shouting my name, flailing their arms wildly, yelling 'I love you!', coming up to give me a hug... It's all a bit much sometimes, but it's endearing at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't lose your voice..I haven't lost mine yet but I was raising it a lot today in trying to do a quiz! I find the young people at my school lively and sometimes rowdy but mostly all of them are friendly. You have a smiley face and outgoing demeanour and that is why I think they warm to you.

    ReplyDelete