Sunday 20 November 2016

Dom-estic life...

Heya.
Been slowly adapting myself to my school's methodology.  It has been frustrating observing the teacher of the older age groups, the teaching is kind of traditional, very much directed toward the textbooks and upcoming exams with plenty of explanations in their native language.  I think by the time I leave I will get the nickname "Mr Radical".

Anyway, I have been getting involved in domestic side of things like cleaning...( a new sense of responsibility) it's partly down to a light timetable.  I've really got into cooking.  My recent brainwave was to make homemade pizza for the housemates which we've done at home, although a family member usually makes the dough.  This big challenge started in the shop as the supermarket didn't sell yeast!  When cooking, I was using every utensil I could get my hands on, I was getting flour everywhere and my hands were covered with sticky wet dough (I did clear up my mess...).  It was hard to create the bases without a rolling pin.  Putting together the pizza topping wasn't too bad though.  Took ages to complete - I'm not doing that again. 

I'm sure I'll feedback more about my teaching exploits soon.  

1 comment:

  1. I thought you were very brave to attempt to not only cook pizza from scratch but to do it in a foreign country! It tasted really good by the way considering it had no yeast.

    ReplyDelete