Monday 7 November 2016

Ola amigas y amigos,

We arrived last Tuesday and I, for one, was feeling quite exhausted.

The apartment was a pleasant surprise especially since we ALL have our own room and I won a toss of the coin for the en-suite (lucky me!).

We are based in Central Gandia and it is pleasant enough with amenities and (my) school fairly nearby.

For the first few days, I did a lot of presenting myself to groups of young people - As in 'Hello, my name is Tara.  I live in Worthing, UK.'  etc etc...Generally, after a brief introduction, I would ask students to ask me questions if they wanted to.  Mainly, the questions were like 'have you got a son or a daughter?', 'do you like Spanish food?', 'do you like paella?' and then, also, about the dreaded Brexit!

My mentor is called Natividad and I like her very much.   I also work with 2 other teachers called Gema and Raquel.   Last week, on Thursday, I was asked to do a lesson on 'Uncountable and Countable Nouns'.  I put this on a Powerpoint and it went really well.  They were a noisy class but they want to learn!

Today, I took part in 7 lessons in a row!  I took a more active role (by which I mean 'leading') in at least one of them.  In the rest of them, I walked around the room and offered help where it was needed. During one lesson, the class were so rowdy that I decided to go ahead and talk to them in English as they were not listening to their teacher!

I feel more settled than last week for sure! I'm learning something new everyday!  It's a marvellous experience.

Hasta luego,

Tara xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment