Tuesday 8 November 2016

Pineapple Pen and other matters

Today, I was in a class two of 12-13 year olds assisting the teacher.  They are doing Present Continuous vs Present Simple currently.  As you can imagine, it's not that exciting!  I ventured to do some introductions with them in pairs but I think the teacher seemed concerned about time so she pressed on with the workbook.

One thing that is worth mentioning though (perhaps) is that one girl asked me to ask the teacher to let them see the video 'Pineapple Pen' at the end of the session.  She agreed and they watched it with great glee and enjoyment.  Personally, I don't think I've ever seen anything more pointless.  The singer doesn't even have a pineapple OR a pen and the video is over in the blink of an eye!  Such are the tastes of (some of) the youth of today!  Bless them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9TpRfDdyU0




No comments:

Post a Comment