Wednesday 2 November 2016

My sense of direction is as terrible as Spanish hospitality is amazing.

Of the 9 hours I've been out of the flat today I've spent roughly 4 of them lost. In the morning I spent 45 mins looking for Burjassot-Godella station, which is only 3 minutes from my flat, and in the afternoon I spent 3 hours and 15 minutes looking for my flat leaving from Burjassot-Godella.

For those of you who're familiar with the very first Legend of Zelda and 'The Lost Woods Puzzle' (don't let it be said that I don't bring great literary references into this blog...) imagine that, but replace the forrest with endless ochre coloured streets.

This aimless odyssey was mercifully put to an end when a lovely Spanish lady walking an adorable puppy offered to walk me back to Burjassot-Godella station, whereupon I bumped into Daisy - also lost - and we were ably guided by Iris back to the flat.

The intervening time between my two strolls around Godella (and likely quite a few other places, as very often when asking for directions I was informed that "Godella...this is, very, very far away...very far) was spent being shown around a charming school by charming people. However, I don't think they got the observation memo as I was asked to teach 30 seconds before going into my first class! This was made up for by being offered red wine at lunch by the headmistress!

Roll on day 2.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is some story! Godella must be a bewildering place. You must have got plenty of exercise... Hope things get better.
    Have you had a go at the "Teachers Conversation"? I believe I will need to do this, any ideas?
    Ta Dom

    ReplyDelete