Tuesday 28 February 2017

Observed Lesson

So today was my much anticipated observed lesson. My internal clock had decided that waking up at 4 am would give me enough time to be punctual. As a result I felt a little jaded and nervous when it it was time for me to teach. Especially as the lesson before was a lower level class and I began to wonder if they had lost the ability to comprehend English. This class being a higher level I was hoping the lesson would be smoother. It didn’t quite go as smoothly as I had hoped. Certain things escaped me such as timings and the logical sequence of events. However this is all a learning curve and I am now evaluating and making notes to make the next lesson better. To this end I am about to plan a lesson topic on film making, and to make it even more topical with a look back at the Oscars. And a lesson on crime, which will incorporate a YouTube video on a burglar busting Granny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment