Wednesday 15 February 2017


Time flies. I can't believe that week two is practically over!
My observed lesson was last Monday. The lesson was meant for the Terceros and focused on Fashion, adverbs of emphasis and negative prefixes. The students were very proud to say that Spain is very liberal in this respect and there are no restrictive laws as far as fashion is concerned.
Despite having invested more in the class preparations for Monday, Blanca (my host teacher) enjoyed much more my Tuesday lessons where there was a song involved. I had quite an interesting experience preparing for this lesson due to one my flatmate's sceptic interventions. I had chosen Doris Day's, Che Sera Sera, in order to give the students a flavour of the Anglo-Saxon culture and an entertaining way to practice the reported speech. All the girls loved the song and they could not stop singing.
Since during the first week I had been very ill, I could not even go to a café near the school to relax, but this week I did! I discovered a wonderful café. In just a week, I have become a regular. I wouldn't recommend the diced tomatoes on the grilled baguette, there are far better savoury snacks. The café serves also good quality green tea, which relieves my poor damaged throat during the breaks. I love starting the first drafts of my lesson in this café. I already know that I will miss most of the classes and the café, but I continue reminding myself what I learned during my Yoga sessions: just enjoy the moment and don't think about anything else.
All this said, whoever reads this blog, does not need to be jealous. I have still not recovered from my flu and have been ill since we arrived in Spain. I should have been firmer with the bus driver regarding the air con. Even when I am at my best, it knocks me down, let alone when I am exhausted after 3 am and 5 am wake ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment