Monday 6 February 2017

First impressions

So cold, so very, very cold. We've had to eat the last of the huskies. Sorry, wrong blog!!!

We're just over 24 hours into our Spanish adventure and I'm really enjoying it so far. As I write this it's 17 degrees and the sun is out. It's certainly better than the UK (I've checked!) Moncada seems to be a very pleasant place to live, though I haven't yet explored it fully. There will be plenty of time for that as I have been fortunate with the timetable given to me. The apartment is of a good size, clean, and well-furnished. Yesterday night's meal was tapas...hopefully the first of many, and today, a bocadillo de tortilla de patatas that would have satisfied the mightiest of appetites.

We have been introduced to more lovely people: Alicia and Mampa at Spanish2enjoy; Oana and Laura at Schola; and Paco at CEFIRE. Also, a big thank you to Michael who ensured that we all got on the plane at Manchester Airport! Tomorrow night is the first CEFIRE session where we'll be helping Spanish teachers improve their English language skills and teaching skills. The first part is fine, let's see how the second part pans out. I'm hoping to visit my school (San José) tomorrow so I can meet the tutor and observe a few lessons.

I've even been able to speak a little bit of Spanish (emphasis on 'little bit'). Todo está bien 👍



No comments:

Post a Comment