Tuesday 7 February 2017

Y Viva Espana!
I just can´t believe I´m here in fabulous Moncada on a beautiful sunny morning preparing to start teaching CEFIRE to native teachers looking to improve their English and teaching methods. Living in such a beautiful apartment with access to a swimming pool is bliss though the water is quite cold! Schola school is just the best ever! All the staff are so, warm, friendly, supportive and encouraging which makes the whole experience, a marriage made in Heaven. Thank you UKLC! The journey here from the UK also provided a three hour sightseeing tour of Valenciana as we safely delivered the Erasmusers to their accommodation which was a good way of getting your bearings unless like me you get lost easily!! Then yesterday we had our first briefing session with the wonderful Oana ahead of our first CEFIRE session today in which we will have a series of ten minute 1:1 sessions with the teachers on the course as part of a ten session project. We also met course director Paco who was also lovely and explained his hopes for the CEFIRE initiative and his expectations of all of us. Then last evening I did a bit of team teaching with small groups of B1 and B2 level teens who are working on a climate change project. This was great fun developing their vocabulary and sentence construction with much warmth and humour in the process! You know me! The last session was 90 minutes with only one student but what a treat. He was great fun and again I was able to develop his vocabulary, language use, syntax and pronunciation in discussing our experiences of education. I even shared the time when I was at school and threw a blackboard rubber back at the teacher who threw it at me because he thought I wasn´t paying attention LOL!! We all had a good laugh about this and my student also told some great tales from his own classroom experiences in what was a lovely lesson.
I´m so grateful to Ivona and Veronica for the feeedom they gave me to interact with students in my first lessons from which I´ve drawn loads of confidence! Thank you both!It has been a fabulous first day. Now for CEFIRE! The stakes are raised! Good luck everyone in whatever today holds for you!! Mucho amor! X



1 comment:

  1. Great that you've got off to such a wonderful start! Good luck for the weeks ahead. With your superbly positive approach the future looks bright. Best of luck and carry on enjoying it all.

    ReplyDelete