Friday 17 February 2017

Two

This week I have helped 14 year olds to learn computer vocabulary, I have 'debated' with 16 year olds (aka the brick walls of education) about the perceptions of social media. I have had gin cocktails in a bar called 'Quatro Monos', and Lebanese food in 'Zaitune' with a friend of mine who lives here.

I have walked and walked, and I have almost finished my book. (1 of 2 with me). I haven't chatted to the locals too much, but yesterday I met one guy who asked me to take his photo. I will add it to the end of this post.

Shorts worn so far: 1. People who asked me why the f*** I was wearing shorts: 4.

Today's agenda looks like lesson planning, postcard writing and pasta eating till 2pm. At 3 I am going for lunch with two Spanish and one French teacher I have met through CEFIRE. This week I will be heading to one of their schools to give them a presentation to the Bach class about Wales; not where I am from, but where I live.

I will also be going to a primary school to help with the little ones. (I wanted to be working with them in my school, but I was given a different placement.) I am looking forward to it not only because of them, or because I will meet -and hopefully make friends with- their Welsh classroom assistant, but because I think it shows that if you have the drive, you really can make this an enriching experience; full variety and value, and that's all I'm after.

Don't keep on keeping on. Grab life by the balls.

Alice


No comments:

Post a Comment