Monday 6 February 2017

Hasta Las Fallas!

As I sit at my computer, with my family dog at my feet, a cup of propa' English tea at my side and the central heating on full blast I finally have time to  reflect on the past month.

I know one thing; I haven't written nearly as many  blogs as I should have but time, like everything in life, slips away.

As I look back I am filled with a warm glow for the memories I hold and the experiences I have gained. Don't get me wrong, there have been many ups and downs. There have been times when I felt frustrated; like during the useless 'game theory' training afternoon where really, we could have spent the time more productively actually learning how to play games rather than the partial theory behind them. Or was that zero? Full? I'm confused?

There have been times where I have felt lonely. Eating lunch in a canteen where no one is willing to speak to you, even with your best Spanish efforts, can be a little isolating. Or, living so far from everyone else on the Erasmus that you only see them once a week or running out of the door to their school as you get in.

And, there have been times where I felt cold, very, very cold in my dark and horribly utilitarian flat.

But, there is a big 'but', the incredible people I have met on this journey totally outweigh any bad feelings I may have felt.  The teachers, the kids, and the nuns at my school exude positive and loving energy that is so infectious that I left every day feeling more and more assured that this is the path I am destined to follow as a career.  Endless hugs, kisses and "Eeeeehello" is something I will miss as I journey onto my next adventure. My tutor Maria and the Prim Sports teacher Gloria totally took me under their wings and made my whole experience exceptional- not only teaching me a lot about EFL teaching, but also introducing me to Spanish BBQs, cheap beer and some great locals that I now consider friends.

As, I round up this blog for the last time I cannot avoid mentioning the thing that has made this whole experience, as my tutor would say, INCREDIBLE - The others on this January Erasmus. An amazing group  of individuals who bring unrelenting laughter, loving support and positive energy  (even in their darkest hours) to every meet up and night out. It has been amazing to watch the blossoming of friendships in such different individuals and, be part of it myself. I feel truly blessed to now call them my friends and thank UKCL for bringing us together.

This is not good bye from me but rather Hasta Las Fallas Amigos!

xxx



1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this. Wish you all the best as you travel on. xx

    ReplyDelete