Tuesday 7 February 2017

memories as I get on with my job search

What an all-round interesting time I had in Gandía, despite the cold and carrying heavy books around and sometimes feeling that I was trying to rediscover the wheel with my learning plans. Daunting at first, but you do settle in to a place and get to know the students, especially in the smaller classes. On the whole it was such a valuable experience, being able to take part in lessons across a broad range of learning levels, getting to know what it feels like to be in a classroom full of students, along with the necessities of classroom management (possibly the most demanding skill). When a lesson plan works teaching becomes such fun and when I can develop a good rapport with a class it's so rewarding. The work experience in Gandía has broadened my understanding of what it takes to teach and I'm encouraged to find work where I can carry on learning. So here I am back in London, registered with Protocol and geared up for a job search that includes online teaching, possibly some voluntary work and hopefully an ESOL placement in further education. And maybe later, back to Spain.
Very many thanks to UKLC for organising this Erasmus+ project.

No comments:

Post a Comment