Wednesday 22 February 2017

Valencian Oranges

Finally this week I was my good old self again. The Valencian oranges did me more good than the half a dozen medicines I swallowed last week. At least that is what I would like to believe.
But to be honest even when I was ill, I was still in control. This said all the teachers are happy to see me in good shape.
Due to the limited extant facilities at the school the old saying "the early bird catches the worm" has been changed to "the early teacher catches the printer" in Valencia. And until now I have beaten all the teachers in the printing contest by getting to the school before all of them. YouTube has been quite inspiring when it comes to finding supporting material for the lessons. Today's lesson was on ethical fashion and I found a two minute documentary on the subject made in Australia. It helped me to develop a controlled practice exercise for the Tercero students and expose them to the Australian accent. I was looking forward to getting a freshly squeezed orange juice from a nearby cafĂ©, but the art teacher asked me to observe a student presentation in her class, and share my thoughts. She believed that my Italian would help me understand the entire presentation. At the end she had to ask one of our competent students to translate a section of it into English. I thought they had done a good job at their level. After I left I had only time to get a take away orange juice before starting teaching: "para llevar" is a useful Spanish phrase to know in these conditions.
By now you have guessed: I love oranges, and Valencia is a perfect fit for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment