Wednesday 8 February 2017

One

Welcome to Valencia

We have now been in Valencia for 4 days. My week so far summarises as a long list of little adventures. The euphoric feeling of quitting my bar job in Cardiff to become a teacher, the mental battle I have everyday about weather or not it's acceptable for me to wear shorts yet (Shorts worn so far: 0), and the pure bliss of walking round a place that you have never been to before, where zebra crossings and cafe menus become little tasks for you to work out, hopefully without ****ing it up.

I have been abroad before, but there is something both sweet and bitter sweet about this particular trip. The fact that it is so fantastic is uplifting, I am in a place where I can live like I am on holiday, early morning walks to the beach and sauntering around parks with my camera, but it doesn't feel like my life has paused so I can do and enjoy these things; the life that I want to live is just starting.

As uplifting as this is, I find myself falling back down again when I remember that it will be short-lived. I've met some great people here, and part of me could see myself continuing the experience outside of UKLC, so it's a shame to know that in 4 weeks it's back to 'sunny' (it's not sunny) Cardiff to sort my life out. Yet this time limit can be inspirational; when you have a time-limit to events in your life you want to live every minute like it's the last one, although I do prefer the term coined in 'Dodgeball' (Nope, it's not "if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball"), it's "grab life by the balls." And that's just what I'm gonna do...


Catchya later,

Alice x




No comments:

Post a Comment