Monday 9 January 2017

YL Training Week - Chester January 2017

I'm sat at home now after a brilliant week in Chester learning loads about classroom management, teaching techniques and delivery of some really engaging and fun lessons with two of the most inspirational teacher-mentors I have ever known in Jen and Emile. Thanks so much guys!! Whilst I wish that I was now on placement in Spain, I'm hoping to use the next month to plan some of the activities we practised in training together, for different age groups to take with me next month. I also want to do a little research on the life and culture of the Valenciana region to help me ensure my lessons are focused on the lives and experiences of the students I'm teaching. As I type this, I've just found a CD by Paul Field called "The Wiggly Worm and Lots More Brilliant Kids Songs"! I think 'Fit For Life' would be great to use for a warm-up activity!! 'The Wiggly Waggly Song' and 'The Vegetable Song' may have some potential too! Check them out and see if you agree. Hope day one has gone well for all of the class of Chester, January 2017 who are now on placement and I send you all my love and encouragement to go and make a difference to these young people's lives. Have a ball guys! You can do it! X

No comments:

Post a Comment