Tuesday 10 January 2017

YL Training and first few days in Spain

It feels like a very long time ago that we all arrived in Chester! I was pretty nervous to start with but it was good to see some familiar faces from the interview and get to know everyone else. I think the whole week was invaluable for us all and we learnt some really useful stuff from Jen and Emile. I enjoyed learning diffferent techniques for working with young learners and am looking forward to hopefully putting some of them into practice with my kids.
I think we all bonded really well as a group which made the prospect of heading to Valencia way less daunting. I feel much more prepared for the month ahead than I did at the beginning of the week.

I´ve observed nearly all my classes now so am just trying to prepare the first lessons I´ll have with them. It´s all a bit overwhelming - the classes are pretty big and incredibly loud. Will need to try and rise above the noise...! The kids seem lively and their level of English is actually prety good so I'm looking forward to working with them. The teachers at my school don´t seem to speak a huge amount of English so I´m trying to practice my spanish. I keep getting the word for month and table confused though so I´ve told a couple of the teachers I´ll be in Valencia for a table which was pretty baffling for them...

2 comments:

  1. So booking a month for dinner then?! Thanks Frankie. Made me smile. Hope the first few lessons have gone well. You'll be brilliant I know it!! Take care Yve

    ReplyDelete