Sunday 8 January 2017

Reflections on the YL training

I arrived in Chester on Monday lunchtime genuinely excited by what lay ahead. This was in contrast to my pre-interview nerves (I used the adjective 'apprehensive' that day). Entering the room, it was lovely to see Carolyn again and meet Jen. More people came through the door, a mix of new and familiar faces. A quick ice-breaker and we were off.

The week seemed to pass by in a flash. We were introduced to other members of the UKLC team: Emil, Nathan, Laura, Izzy, and Ken (and of course I haven't forgotten Amy!) We did far too many activities to mention but all of them were useful and fun.

In every respect, the training exceeded my expectations (which were high to begin with). Although I'm currently suffering from information overload, I feel a lot more prepared for the month in Valencia. I have additional skills and resources in my armoury, and have made some new friends.

Bring on Spain!!!

🛫 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment