Tuesday 24 January 2017

Safari anyone?

After a torrential week on the weather front that left my route to school impassable. I literally thought I would never feel warm again but, finally the sun has come out and as I sit here on my roof terrace lesson planning spirits are lifted and life feels good again. Although the old saying goes that 'in Valencia it never rain' that is true, until  13 English Erasmusers hit town. But, be not discouraged February lot. When it's sunny, it is very sunny. Just remember to bring slippers, extra jumpers and a hot water bottle as well as those all important sunglasses and suncream.

All in all, teaching is going well in Vinalesa. My tutor is starting to release the reigns a lot more now that we are in the swing of things and she is really allowing me to be creative. Tomorrow I am conducting an imaginary safari  with my kids around the school. Armed with our binoculars (made from toilet roll ends painstakingly decorated in our lesson last week) we will trudge around school searching out animals, lakes, rivers, rainbows and so on to revise that all important vocab and grammar. I don't  think I've said "Can you see a...." so much in my life. It's so rewarding when the kids 'get it'. Will let you know how is goes.

Until then, hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun activity; I hope it went well!!! Glad the weather has improved.

    ReplyDelete