Thursday 2 March 2017

Good-bye Valencian Oranges

Today was my last day of "in vogue" teaching which I concluded with the song "Save the Last Dance for Me", as it made use of relative pronouns. The students and the host teacher loved it.
Thanks to UKLC, I know now that I actually enjoy teaching teenagers, as much as I enjoy teaching adults. After I recovered from my flu, I was able to tab into the energy of these youngster and use it for their own benefit. Teaching at this school also boosted my confidence in running bigger and diverse classes. There were between 25 and 30 students in each class, some of whom had learning difficulties or physical disabilities.
Some students appreciated my presence. They thanked me for spending time with them. Bless them.
Hopefully, this experience would open the door to teaching in other countries... Thank you Valencia for offering me a taste of a new world and an inexhaustible supply of oranges!

No comments:

Post a Comment