Thursday 8 December 2016

Viva España, me encanta Valencia

How strange it is to think that this time last month I was sat in Chester undergoing intensive training for teaching Young Learners, feeling rather anxious about the month of teaching in Valencia before me.

Now, with that month of teaching behind me, I realise I had nothing to worry about. The training from excellent Michael and Emil and the support from the lovely Alecia, Mampa, Amy and Carolyn and of course from everyone at my lovely school (of which more later) meant that we were well prepared for everything from teaching in Spain to living in Spain.

My wonderful school, Colegio Santa Teresa de Jesus El Vedat, could not have provided a better teaching experience. The children were all very sweet and all, despite a tendency for excitement (brought on by the novelty of being taught by a gangly Englishman, no doubt), very keen to learn and improve their English. All the staff at the school from the teachers to the dinner ladies to the cleaners were all very welcoming - a stroll across the school grounds would lead to about half a dozen "Hola/Hello James!" or "Buenos días James!". And if all that wasn't perfect enough, I was treated to fantastic Spanish food for both break and lunch!

Looking back over the month I cannot really find anything to fault and the experience has only increased my desire to teach.


Adiós amigos, adiós españa.

2 comments:

  1. Here, here. I couldn't say more. I had exactly the same from Inmaculada Concepcion in Cullera. Except "Baseel" was more pronounceable so I was shouted at by that name wherever the kids saw me. A great experience indeed, both workwise and social.

    Good holidays James and everyone.

    Basil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be teaching at Colegio Santa Teresa de Jesús-El Vedat from next week onwards. I want to know everything you can tell me about the school. You say in your post that the food was great-is there a canteen/cafeteria for breaks and lunch then?

    ReplyDelete